Sunday, October 14, 2012

Isaiah 32:18

Isaiah 32:18
My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.

One of the exciting things about moving out to our little place, is that it is in a peaceful place, it is a secure home, and our rest will be undisturbed... Living as we have in recent years in a home that has downstairs neighbors who are loud, rude,unbelievers, and just awful it will be so amazing to be so far away from people. Not that our home will be empty or quiet! With 3 young children there is little chance of that except perhaps late at night!

I am expecting that there may be some days that I yearn for other people to talk to. Praise God for the Internet! When I have those moments, I will be able to log on and find folks to chat with.

 
Psalm 67:6
Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God, will bless us.


I sincerely believe that our new home is our families "harvest" from sowing seeds of opening our homes to those in need. During the time in our little 2 bedroom duplex, we have been able to provide shelter for more than 12 people for anywhere from a few nights up to 5 months.  I never expected *payment* for the lodging, doing what I could to help those who needed it. It wasn't much, but it was what I could do.



Well Dear Readers--- I am still stuck here in the "city" and have much to do before we go off-grid! I pray all who read this are touched in some way!


No comments:

Post a Comment