Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rise and Shine!



Woke up this morning to a dusting of snow... I realized the dusting of snow down here will be a layer of snow up at the ranch. I also realized how much I take for granted! We have heat 24/7 if we want/need it. Just set a thermostat. Soon we will be banking a wood stove and hoping it stays burning all night or getting up in the middle of the night to replenish the wood supply.

When the little guy woke up at dark-thirty I got up turned on a couple of lights and got my coffee and turned on the computer... it will be so different when we get moved. When I wake up, there will not be a flip of a switch to turn on a light. I will have to light a light or use some alternate source of light. Instead of my automatic coffee maker making my coffee I will have to fire up the cookstove to make a pot (or do it on the woodstove to conserve) My computer will not be on in the mornings like it is now. Instead of internet time I will be having to find an alternative (might need to get a collection of books before we move)

It is going to be so different and yet so awesome! I really am looking forward to all this change...


No comments:

Post a Comment