Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bentonite

Bentonite- I need it. To seal the pond!

So the story goes if you sprinkle bentonite on the floor of the pond, it will seal. We also have to pull up the trees in the pond area and up on the dam and seal that area too. 

If I have calculated correctly, if this year is the rain fall predicted, we should have a nice stable pond. Not sure about year around but at least
 it will be pretty stable during winter/spring/early summer. If we get some moisture it may last all summer! 


I am really hoping that this can be a source of year around water for critters... we will have to see what happens in the next few years. If it works the way I am hoping, my husbands desire to make a waterwheel that produces electricity could happen in the pond. Because as I have discovered in my research, you don't have to have a river or stream, just a constant source of water and then you can make a pump that cycles the water to feed the water wheel and make it spin.

Oh what an amazing adventure!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment